EUT 2017: June 2–5, 2017
Vision for the first pan-European meeting of Unitarians and Universalists
Faith without borders?
Unitarier – Religionsgemeinschaft freien Glaubens and European Unitarian Universalists (EUU) are working to create a three-day event that will bring together Unitarians and UUs from all over Europe. This pan-European assembly in the beautiful Danube twin-cities Ulm/Neu-Ulm, Germany, will be the first of its kind, and we hope it will be stimulating, fulfilling and enjoyable for those lucky enough to attend. We also envision it as paving the way for possible future assemblies.
We are inviting Unitarians, Unitarian Universalists, Free Religious and Humanists from all over Europe to attend. EUU and Unitarier will hold their annual/biennial business meetings as part of the assembly, and Unitarian groups in Europe are invited to hold their own annual meetings or other group meetings as part of this event.
We hope to attract about 500 people from all over Europe (and beyond) to a bilingual event (English and German) that will feature:
- one or more theme talks led by well-known personalities on a subject of interest to Europeans who seek spiritual and moral stimulation,
- two religious services of the typical Unitarian Universalist type,
- religious education for our young people,
- an array of participant-led workshops on a variety of topics,
- plenty of music (including choral), and, of course,
- social and cultural interaction among participants in a congenial atmosphere that has become traditional for Unitarier in their biennial Unitariertag and EUU in their semi-annual retreats.
See you in Ulm/Neu-Ulm!
The EUT Organizing Committee